Welcome to Week 13 and the stretch run of the 2022 NFL season.
About last night: Buffalo Bills 24, New England Patriots 10 — The final score makes this one look closer than it actually was. The Bills dominated the game, while the Patriots offense was abysmal.
- Mac Jones shown yelling on Patriots sideline
- PHOTOS: Best of Bills-Patriots
Game of the week: Kansas City Chiefs at Cincinnati Bengals — The Chiefs will be looking to get some measure of vengeance after losing last season’s AFC championship game at home against the Bengals. The Chiefs once again are steamrolling to a top playoff seed, while the Bengals are in a battle with the Ravens for the AFC North crown.
So many notable showdowns this week, but we’re intrigued by this one: Miami Dolphins at San Francisco 49ers — This is going to be a good Sunday to bunker in and really commit to watching NFL games. Not only do the Dolphins meet the 49ers in a matchup of contenders, but there’s also New York Jets-Minnesota Vikings, Washington Commanders-New York Giants and Tennessee Titans-Philadelphia Eagles on the docket. Dolphins coach Mike McDaniel returns to the Bay Area, where he was an assistant under 49ers head coach Kyle Shanahan. McDaniel brings one of the NFL’s most potent offenses to face the league’s stingiest defense.
- PHOTOS: Cheerleaders, celebrities, fans and mascots at NFL games
NFL Week 13: Predictions and odds
- Week 13 picks: USA TODAY Sports’ expert panel has predictions for every game this weekend.
- Lorenzo’s Locks for Week 13: Can the Dolphins not just cover, but prevail, in their intriguing matchup against the 49ers?
- NFL Week 13 odds: Which teams, according to Tipico Sportsbook, are favored to win this weekend?
- Power rankings: See how all 32 teams stack up entering Week 13.
NFL news, notes and analysis
- NFL playoff picture entering Week 13: Two playoff contenders already have a chance to clinch a postseason berth in Week 13, and they are both in the NFC.
- Patriots’ offense isn’t broken. It never worked: The Patriots’ offense is so inept it needed to employ a defensive back to score the team’s lone touchdown in Thursday night’s loss to the Bills, Richard Morin writes.
- Ravens strive to avoid more late-game collapses: With “December football” here, the Ravens would like to turn the page on what has been a theme to their 2022 season.
- Deshaun Watson won’t talk about past, focuses on football: On Thursday, the Browns QB made his first public comments since Aug. 18, but there was a lot of deflecting.
- Are Odell Beckham Jr. and Giants a real match again? Is an OBJ-to-Big Blue comeback a legitimate match? There are a ton of layers to this, and it’s pretty obvious the Giants are the long shot in this scenario.
- Former teammates feud over podcast comments: Cardinals QB Kyler Murray has evidently had enough of Vikings CB Patrick Peterson’s comments on his podcast.
- Nearly half the league in mix for elite QB prospects: Early 2023 draft projections have Alabama’s Bryce Young and Ohio State’s C.J. Stroud as the top two quarterbacks who could be taken with the first two picks.
- PHOTOS: NFL’s alt uniforms of 2022
Fantasy football advice: Get your lineup right
Our fantasy football experts are here for your Week 13 lineup needs as you make a push for the playoffs.
- Fantasy rankings for Week 13: Take a look to see where your players stand in these updated ratings 📈 for this week’s games.
- Studs, duds and sleepers: While Chiefs TE Travis Kelce could be out for revenge in his home state, Bears TE Cole Kmet’s touchdown run appears over.
- Fantasy stock watch: Jets QB Mike White was able to elevate a whole team 👍. The Packers force-feeding WR Allen Lazard targets all season has not worked out 👎.
- PHOTOS: Best fantasy football performers of 2022 season
Week 13 NFL schedule
(All times Eastern)
Bye week: Arizona Cardinals, Carolina Panthers
Bills 24, Patriots 10
Pittsburgh Steelers at Atlanta Falcons, 1 p.m. (CBS)
Denver Broncos at Baltimore Ravens, 1 p.m. (CBS)
Green Bay Packers at Chicago Bears, 1 p.m. (FOX)
Jacksonville Jaguars at Detroit Lions, 1 p.m. (FOX)
Cleveland Browns at Houston Texans, 1 p.m. (CBS)
New York Jets at Minnesota Vikings, 1 p.m. (CBS)
Washington Commanders at New York Giants, 1 p.m. (FOX)
Tennessee Titans at Philadelphia Eagles, 1 p.m. (FOX)
Seattle Seahawks at Los Angeles Rams, 4:05 p.m. (FOX)
Miami Dolphins at San Francisco 49ers, 4:05 p.m. (FOX)
Kansas City Chiefs at Cincinnati Bengals, 4:25 p.m. (CBS)
Los Angeles Chargers at Las Vegas Raiders, 4:25 p.m. (CBS)
Indianapolis Colts at Dallas Cowboys, 8:20 p.m. (NBC)
New Orleans Saints at Tampa Bay Buccaneers, 8:15 p.m. (ESPN, ESPN2)
- Complete 2022 NFL season schedule
Let’s talk some football
- It’s a Football Podcast! This week, Safid Deen and Tyler Dragon discuss the key happenings around the league, including the Chiefs-Bengals AFC title game rematch and Deshaun Watson’s return 🎧.
- NFL Facebook group: Run a post route to The Ruling Off the Field 📲 to engage in friendly debate and conversation with football fans 🏟. Not a member yet? Sign up today!✍
If you enjoy reading 4th & Monday 📰, tell your football fan friends to subscribe. Follow the frankly fabulous writer of this newsletter on Twitter @jimreineking 📱.